Chupan (Shepherd) Church

Chupan Church is located 5 km west Jolfa in the road of Jolfa-Aras Dam among the red sedimentary mountains and so that it has been an integral part of nature of there. The church was constructed in 1518 AD. Perhaps it was designed for the shepherds, used to grazing animals in pastures, to pray there and not to turn to the villages of the Sham Valley for it.

External shell of the church was built by stone and has a small dome which has been recently refurbished. Inside of the church is too small and does not take place in more than ten. Like other churches, its arches are zigzag shape.